Monday, February 24, 2014

Clean Records

The prosecutor offered one of my older clients (who is looking at a significant amount of jail time) a really generous deal that would drop half of his charges, and knock off a massive amount of the required minimum sentence. When I went to the jail to show him the proposed deal and explain all of the terms and what if’s, he basically lost his mind.

 “My record is CLEAN! I have NUTHIN' on there! That is NOT a deal. What kind of deal is that?! No. I can NOT go back to jail. My record is CLEAN. I ain’t ever done nuthin’! That is NOT a deal.”

 This guy’s “clean record” includes a murder conviction, among other things.

With that line of thinking, I don't think I've ever had a client without a clean record. I think I'll start adopting that view in my own life when people ask me incriminating questions.

My record is CLEAN. I ain't ever done nuthin'. Ya heard?

No comments:

Post a Comment