Monday, March 31, 2014

Why carry a purse?

My clients are some of the most innovative people I have ever met. I like to consider myself a pretty practical and ready-for-anything type of person. However, my clients constantly open my eyes to how I could be more prepared for every day situations.

One of my DUI clients was hospitalized after a car accident. Her doctors initially said that my client was wearing a tampon, as depicted in her X-ray. Upon further review however, they deduced that the object they originally thought was a tampon, was too dense and was likely something else. They questioned my client about it, and she nonchalantly said that she likes to keep a readily available razor in her hoo-ha. Never know when you'll need it!

The report didn't end there. They sent a gynecologist in to inspect her, who was surprised after an exam when there was no object to be found. The doctors were baffled because the X-ray clearly showed an object in that area. They questioned my client again, and she said that oops, the razor must be in her rectum actually. The doctors told her they were going to send someone in to remove it, to which she objected, saying it wasn't necessary because she could easily take it in and out herself. She then signed herself out, and left the hospital.

I get it. I do. Purses are a huge pain to carry around on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment